Light-weighting of plastic parts has become a special priority for both brand owners and processors in the packaging industry. Light-weighting offers plastic material reduction, reduces the carbon footprint of the package, as well as the overall cost of the package. It also reduces waste downstream (less material per package) as an added bonus.
StackTeck has leveraged innovation and industry know-how to offer a toolbox of proven injection molding solutions for more sustainable, lighter-weight, plastics packaging:
- Multi-Gating: Weight savings up to 15%
- Ultra-Fast Injection: Weight savings up to 20%
- Microcellular Molding: Weight savings up to 30%
- TRIM – Thin Recess Injection Molding: Weight savings up to 40%
- Injection Compression Molding: Weight savings up to 25%
In some cases, multiple technologies can be combined for even further weight savings.
Other options for Sustainable Development
Light-weighting is a key technique to improve the overall sustainability of injection molded plastics. However, there are other options for sustainable development, from the increased use of recycled content to bio-degradable solutions.
Share your unique sustainability challenges with StackTeck, and let’s collaborate on a custom-tailored solution for your organization.