The KoolTrack™ name encompasses a range of specialized cooling technologies that can be used to increase the productivity of StackTeck molds, by means of:
- Optimized cooling channels following 3D part geometry based on heat transfer simulation
- Proprietary bonding process in stack manufacturing enables maximum conformal cooling
- Steel alloys that have high rates of thermal transfer
- Use of copper alloy inserts at key positions where feasible
- With the H13 collets, a cycle time of 16.0 seconds was achieved.
- Using the KoolTrackTM collets there was a 1.8 second cycle time improvement and a final cycle time of 14.2 seconds for the standard pail.
- In both cases, the ejection part temperature was measured by means of a thermal camera.